[p4] correct way to update directory hierarchy?

Janulewicz, Matthew mjanulew at alarismed.com
Fri Jun 4 11:51:58 PDT 2004

We use the p4win gui here mostly, but here's a little known function of it
that many people don't know about. It comes in handy when people change
files without opening them for edit first, then forget what files they
changed, and want to check them in.

I'd take that whole tree and copy it in-place to your client. Under the file
menu, choose more -> check consistency. (can someone point to a commandline
equivalent?) This function will scan your tree and pick up files that have
been changed. Then you have the option to open them for edit without syncing
them, then simply submit the changelist.

-Matt