[p4] correct way to update directory hierarchy?

Rajul Vora rajul.vora at barra.com
Fri Jun 4 14:07:36 PDT 2004

That's correct. For that you have to add all the files in your client -
which will pick up new files and reject existing files for add.

In p4win, drag and drop the folder from Windows Explorer to the Changelist
pane. That's the way to pick up all the files in a folder recursively (Why
File / Add to Source control doesn't do this I don't know).

On command-line use (from the Tech Note 002):

find . -type f -print | p4 -x - add (Unix)

or

dir /s /b /a-d | p4 -x - add (Windows)

Rajul