AW: [p4] Branching relationships get mixed up after baseless merges?

Wienberg, Axel axel.wienberg at coremedia.com
Fri Jun 11 11:14:34 PDT 2004

You are doing an indirect integration (from "xbox" via "PC" to "Real PC").  P4 has become better at that in recent releases (check the commandline option -I for p4 integrate).  The workaround for older releases is to create additional direct integration records from "xbox" to "Real PC", i.e. to manually tell perforce which versions correspond in the different branches.  In some cases, when you know that the branches correspond exactly, you can do a direct integration and select "accept yours" for all files.
Hope that helped,
Axel