[p4] Handling large number of manual merge conflicts

Noel Yap Noel.Yap at morganstanley.com
Fri Jun 11 11:30:25 PDT 2004

For a large task, I do the latter on a regular basis and the former when the work is ready to be assimilated.  Yes, it's a lot of merging, but the number of conflicts tends not to be so many or large.  In the end, I avoid the "Big Bang Merge" scenario.  I
don't see this ever "being more work than it's worth" because, IME, "Big Bang Merges" become pretty much impossible to resolve correctly especially if refactoring had occurred on the parent branch.

Noel