[p4] Question about branching/integrating

Chuck Karish chuck.karish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 06:27:42 PDT 2004

Branch from main at a point where you're sure that you'll take
everything.   Integrate features from main to your new release branch
as they're finished.

A more radical approach:  Make a permanent forward-development branch,
and integrate features from //depot/dev only when theu're ready to be
released.  The main line stays clean, the developers grumble about
doing one more integration, the project managers love that release
readiness is predictable and that they control release contents.

  Chuck Karish