[p4] PowerBuilder and Perforce

Aggelos Paraskevopoulos angel at acm.org
Tue Jun 15 09:14:14 PDT 2004

Yes Robert, we are in the process of deploying perforce on our first
team of  five developers. We are using Powerbuilder 9 which is the
recommended version if you want to work smoothly with Perforce. You are
going to use the P4 SCC component on each developer client enabling it
as a Source Control Provider in the PB Workspace properties, just the
way you do it with other providers such as MS Visual Source etc. From
the IDE's point of view the SCC commands are the standard ones provided
in all SCC integrations, with  the addition of several P4 specific
dialogs invoked during operations such as Check-in.

So if you have PB9, the steps are straight forward. We can read online
help files and several whitepapers related to source control integration
for PB. A usesful resource is also the Sybase forum
sybase.public.powerbuilder.source_control.

If you need further assistance please post here or on the Sybase forum.

HTH
Aggelos

Robert MacMunn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>       Has anyone used Perforce as an CM tool for Powerbuilder ?  There
> isn't much info on this on the web site and it is not supported.  Any
> information on how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>

> Bob

Aggelos Paraskevopoulos
Senior Partner - CTO
CENTENTIA Business Solutions S.A. - http://www.cententia.com
Member of PRC GROUP The Management House

AroTRON(TM) CRM
Next Generation CRM solution
http://www.cententia.com/ENG/AroTRON/ArotronCRM.htm

Viador(TM) Enterprise Information Portal
http://www.cententia.com/EIP.htm - The leader

14, Vournazou
115 21 Athens, HELLAS (GREECE)
Phone:      +30-210-6470670, 6464552