[p4] Which dept for build/release engineers?

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Tue Jun 15 11:56:43 PDT 2004

That's a failure in the process and has nothing to do with
the proximity of the testers. The same thing happens when
the testers are on a separate floor if they and the
engineers decide to ignore the system.

In my case, "our" testers always submitted change requests
for review (with the exception of the occasional stupid
mistake - such as giving them the wrong media).

And no one said every team member has to be part of the
same department. In fact, these weren't, they were
attached to our team for the project. (And their career
advancement was based on how bug-free the product was
when it went to final QA, so they had every incentive
to get it right and cover their rears with paperwork.)

-Wm