[p4] Documentation file formats (Or: How do you manage docs a cross bra nches ?)

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Wed Jun 16 03:01:16 PDT 2004

Oren Shemesh writes:
> I was hoping for information about the current state of affairs, i.e. :
>
> How are U handling this issue ?

Text files that refer to graphics files by name. The text files are
perforce-friendly. The graphics files aren't, but as I said, each
graphics file tends to have few revisions.

> Do you maintain documentation in text-based files ?
> Which format ?

We mostly use internally hacked-together text formats at work, and we
did the same at my previous workplace. Not at all WYSIWYG.

> Which tools are you using ?

Qt, lout, troff, internal tools. (We have a really great internal tool
now - I reimplemented a tool I had at my previous workplace, and got it
Right.)

Arnt