[p4] Merging Multiple Perforce Server Databases to a Single Server

Terry Ridgway tridgway at visto.com
Wed Jun 16 09:29:35 PDT 2004

Hi All,

We have 3 perforce servers from 3 companies that have merged into one company. The servers are remotely located, and we feel that development would be better served by combining the servers and using proxies, since this will cut down on the number of licenses that we'll need. Each engineer has 2 or 3 licenses to access all of the servers, and we want to consolidate.

Has anyone ever successfully completed this task?

I know there will be issues with duplicate depot names, but I can't find any information on the Perforce web site as to how this task would be accomplished, with or without conflicting depot names.

Thanks

Terry Ridgway
Build/Release Engineer
Visto Corporation
275 Shoreline Drive, Suite 300
Redwood Shores, CA 94065
w: 650.486.6118 c: 650.430.8835
AIM/Y!: slipitinterry
Flight Instructor
Ultra-Marathon Runner
There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.

Once you have tasted flight, you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,

for there you have been, and there you long to return.

 -- Leonardo da Vinci