[p4] Which Linux Distro do you recommend for running Perforce

Williams, Kenneth (Ken) (TLR Corp) Ken.Williams at thomson.com
Thu Jun 17 13:01:27 PDT 2004

Hi Rajul,

I doubt that performance differences between Linux distributions will be very significant for a Perforce server.  It will probably be much more important to choose a reliable, easily manageable distribution.  I personally prefer Debian for those reasons, simply because I've gotten fed up with the breakage in RedHat releases of things, and I like Debian's package management much better.

 -Ken