[p4] Which Linux Distro do you recommend for running Perforce

Rajul Vora rajul.vora at barra.com
Thu Jun 17 15:37:46 PDT 2004

Hi Fredric
Thanks for the info.

As for the NetApp / NFS, yes that is kind of what we do for Sun/Solaris -
keep db.* locally, but we also put journal and log locally for a slightly
better performance. Local drives are mirrored also. Backup job then backs up
the checkpoint/journal/log which are written/copied to the NetApp by a
script and the library files.

We just keep the library files (rcs) on the NetApp. The use of NetApp is
more an IT thing, idea is they can snapshot the filesystem, etc.

Rajul