[p4] Which Linux Distro do you recommend for running Perforce

Chuck Karish chuck.karish at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 20:41:23 PDT 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:43:55 -0700, Rajul Vora <rajul.vora at barra.com> wrote:

> Also, any idea if Linux has the same performance problems with regard to
> locking as Solaris over NFS when db.* files are on a NetApp?

Doring a support call last week the Perforce engineer mentioned
that NFS on Linux is too old to have the feature that causes
locking-related NFS delays on Solaris.  As I understood him the
problem is that the Solaris NFS server polls the lock daemons
on the systems to which a file share is exported, asking them
whether any of them has a lock in the region of interest.