[p4] Reasons not to allow adding junk files to Perforce

Jim Crossley jim.crossley at cptii.com
Fri Jun 18 10:45:21 PDT 2004

Revision control is not just for source code.  Any document that changes
benefits from revision control, and pretty much any business document
changes.  Perforce is so fast that it can basically be used as a shared
filesystem.

My only concern would be if they're submitting binary, i.e. un-diff-able
files, but most of those (often ms-office related) can be textified
rather easily.

Jim