[p4] Branches and file renaming

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 01:26:38 PDT 2004

You've hit the nail on the head - renames for multiple branches cause
problems, and you can only cope with other branches by adding to the branch
spec.

Some scripting could help in such situations, and indeed at the German User
Group event on Tuesday, Tony Smith mentioned a script he was writing which
sounded appropriate. Might be worth asking him about this.

Robert