[p4] Security=1

Grills, Jeff jgrills at soe.sony.com
Wed Mar 2 12:04:57 PST 2005

We use a "background user", an account that is for the purpose of
scripting which no human will ever use (except to set up the automated
scripts and stuff, of course).  We put that user into its own group and
assign the group a very long ticket time and issue a p4 login once to
obtain the ticket that it can use basically forever.  That way the
password never needs to be stored on the machine, but it can still
access perforce as necessary.  This works with higher security levels as
well.

Hopefully this will help.