[p4] recommended p4 plug-in for intellij?

Jay Glanville Jay.Glanville at naturalconvergence.com
Thu Mar 3 18:04:20 PST 2005

Hello all

I'm the "p4 go-to guy" for my development team.  Half of us use Eclipse
and the other half use IntelliJ's Idea.  One of my IntelliJ-using
co-workers overheard me extolling the virtues of the P4WSAD plugin for
eclipse (not needing to "open for edit", etc).  He wondered if there was
an equivalent plugin for IntelliJ.

So, I started looking around.  Obviously, Perforce doesn't natively
support an IntelliJ plugin like it does P4WSAD.  So, I started looking
for third party plugins, and found three:
- perfin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/perfin)
- perforce (http://plugins.intellij.net/plugins/view/?id=Perforce)
- PerforceDirectPlugin
(http://plugins.intellij.net/plugins/view/?id=PerforceDirectPlugin)

I haven't had the time to investigate these three, so I thought I'd ask
both the perforce and IntelliJ communities.

Has anyone tried any of these plugins?  If so, what's your impression?
Did they work for you?  Did they cause problems for you?  Have you tried
multiple plugins?  Did one work better then the other?  Why?

Thanks for you help.

JDG

---
Jay Glanville