[p4] permissions problem

Paul Goffin Paul.Goffin at aepsystems.com
Fri Mar 4 02:09:06 PST 2005

Yes.  try "p4 help undoc" and you will see this information about
additional protection levels:

    Protections =read, =branch, =open, =write
        In addition to the normal protection levels (list, read, write,
        open, super, and review) there are four protection rights
        available in the 'p4 protect' table.  Unlike the levels, these
        '=rights' only include the specific right and not all the lesser
        rights.  This makes it possible to deny individual rights
without
        having to then re-grant lesser rights.

        Additionally, there is a new right =branch (normally included
        by level 'read' and above) that permits the files to be used as
        the source for 'p4 integrate'.  You can prevent files from being
        branched by denying the =branch right.

Paul.