[p4] permissions problem

Jason Williams streak at narus.com
Fri Mar 4 03:00:50 PST 2005

Maybe it's just me, but from the doc below, it sounds like the =branch permission will "prevent files from being branched".  What Michael probably needed is slightly different...force files to be branched into.

To me, that means a =branch protection on //depot/live would prevent you from branching //depot/live/... to //depot/main/...
And what you likely want is a way to force all submissions to //depot/live to be branched files.

It sounds like a good candidate for a pre-submit trigger...check all files being submitted to //depot/live and make sure they're being branched.

--Jason