[p4] Time-Lapse view

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Mon Mar 7 07:55:15 PST 2005

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Jonathan Arnold wrote:
>
>>Perforce Software has added a Time-lapse View to its Perforce
>>SCM system. Time-lpase View provides a graphical way to view the
>>complete change history of individual text files stored in the
>>Perforce repository.
>>
>>==
>>
>>My boss has been asking for this for years, and it is great news.
>>But I can't seem to find any mention of it on the Perforce web
>>site. Is this something upcoming?
>
> It's already part of p4v in 2004.2.  Right-click on a file and it's
> in the menu.

Thanks for all the help. Of course, moments after I sent the email I
tracked down the press release.

Now I'm trying to use it, but it wants to use the 'annotate' p4 command
and my client doesn't have it.  I noticed that it was missing when I was
checking out some other tools in the downloads page, and at one point there
was mention of the annotate command, so I tried it to no avail.  It doesn't
show up in the 'p4 help commands' list.

My Win2k client version is Rev. P4/NTX86/2004.2/76641 (2005/02/28). Maybe
it needs a later server version, which is only 2002.1?

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
Amazing Developments       http://www.buddydog.org

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages. -
  William H. Mauldin