[p4] Perforce server lockup problem

Smith, Jeremy R (CACI) JeremyRobert.Smith at med.va.gov
Mon Mar 7 23:17:37 PST 2005

I have never seen behavior like this...the closest that we have seen are database write slowdowns having to do with AntiVirus software.  Are you sure it's the perforce process that's introducing the disk writes?
I swear by Mark Russinovich's tools at http://www.sysinternals.com to show what's really happening on the system.

I would also consider checkpointing the database and restoring from the checkpoint.

Jer