[p4] copy pending changelist

Chuck Karish chuck.karish at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:14:58 PST 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:44:41 +0200, Yoramo <yoramo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to create a function that will copy a pending change list from
>  One client to another one and create a change list at the second
> Client. The new change list needs t o have the same set of files as
> the origin change list and the files need to be in the same state.

Such a function has a lot of details to take care of: opening all
the files, copying over files that are added, doing integrates and
deletes.  Then you need a tool that's been discussed here over
the last few days, one that can patch file modifications based on
the output of 'p4 diff'.

The complicating factor to watch out for is that before you open
the files for edit you have to sync them to the same revision to
which the original files were synced.  This may be the revision
at which a file was opened for edit or it may be a revision
to which it was synced and resolved after it was opened.

--
Chuck Karish   karish at well.com   (415) 317-0182