[p4] [OT] recommendations for a code-review system

Jay Glanville Jay.Glanville at naturalconvergence.com
Fri Mar 11 08:39:33 PST 2005

Hello all.

Sorry for being off-topic.

We currently have a manual code-inspection process, and we're finding
the administration work due to this process is rather time consuming
(print off diffs, invite people to meeting, review the code at a pace
that everyone is comfortable with, etc, etc, etc).

Thus, we'd like to be able to replace the manual/meeting style code
review with some form of remote-review system.  Basically, what we're
envisioning is a system whereby a developer submits their uncommitted
changelist to a server, and then invites feedback from others.  These
reviewers review the deltas on their own time and provide appropriate
feedback.

My question is this: does anyone have any recommendations or feedback on
existing systems?

Some systems that we're currently investigating are things like
CodeStriker (http://codestriker.sf.net) and CodeReviewer
(http://www.codehistorian.com/codereviewer-overview.php).  Has anyone
used these systems?  Experiences?  How well could they work with P4?

Thanks, and again, sorry for the off-topic request.

JDG

---
Jay Glanville
Application Software Designer