[p4] backup strategy

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Wed Mar 16 16:59:55 PST 2005

Turn off -v or redirect output to a file. Make sure you are running the
command on the server or over the fastest network connection possible. Make
sure the tarball is on the server or accessible over the fastest network
connection possible. Tune your FS (see Shiv Sikand's paper from the 2003
user conference). Even some of these suggestions should be done only if the
metrics indicate they are advisable.

Steve