[p4] Large development defect management (was: P4 with BugZilla, TeamTrack or ????)

Smith, Jeff jsmith at medplus.com
Fri Mar 18 07:55:48 PST 2005

We have already determined that Bugzilla would not be sufficient for our
organization because of its size and complexity.  We currently use
Tracker and are considering switching to TeamTrack.  The extra money
does buy you more flexibility, easier implimentation of workflows,
better notification and reporting tools, etc.  Of course, these are all
things that are mainly needed by larger development efforts.  I would be
interested in comments (public or private) from people involved in such
effort as to their experiences with defect tracking tools.

Keep in mind that we are interested in more than just tracking defects.
This will include enhcamenets requestes as well as some of the project
lifecycle reporting and metrics that go into the whole change request
process.

Jeff