[p4] Merging depot files into a single directory

Roger Duffus rduffus at ati.com
Fri Mar 18 12:39:17 PST 2005

Hello,

I have been searching for a method to combine an unknown number of files
from the same number of directories into a single directory directly from
the client.

For example, I have the following

//dir/A/dir1/A.txt
//dir/B/dir1/B.txt
//dir/nth/dir1/nth.txt

I want to map all of the files only into

//local/stuff/

Without the similarly named directories included. Is there a way to do this?

Note that I do not know all of the files in advance so I can not manually
add the files to the client mapping them to the directory. Wild cards seem
to be needed on both sides so I am stumped.

Regards,
Roger Duffus
Hardware Modeling & Library Design
Ati Technologies