[p4] [OT] recommendations for a code-review system

Grills, Jeff jgrills at soe.sony.com
Mon Mar 21 09:42:20 PST 2005

We do code reviews here in a pretty casual way, so I can't comment on
the tools you mention below.

Here, if a reviewer can't sit down directly with the change author, the
author will use the p4tar tool to wrap their changelist up into a single
file and send it to the reviewer in email.  The reviewer will then
extract the change into a workspace, and it will look to the reviewer
exactly as if they had made the change.  They can use the standard p4
diff tools to review the deltas, and provides feedback via email.

You can get the p4tar tools here:

http://public.perforce.com:8080/@md=d&cd=//guest/jeff_grills/&ra=s&c=TfC
@//guest/jeff_grills/p4tar/?ac=83