[p4] Anyone used StarTeam bug tracking in the past?

Smith, Jeff jsmith at medplus.com
Tue Mar 22 05:55:49 PST 2005

We had a business unit that was using StarTeam and we are in the process
of converting them to Perforce.  All they used StarTeam for was code
management so I can't speak to the defect tracking aspect.  However,
unless they've made significant performance improvements since version
5, I find StarTeam significantly slower than Perforce.

If the "one stop shop" aspect of StarTeam is what's driving the
decision, I suggest you look at one of the defect tracking systems that
are integrated with Perforce.  The two I know of are Bugzilla (free) and
TeamTrack (pricey but good).  There is also an SDK (P4DTI) that will
allow you to build your own.

Jeff