[p4] Binary files always locked on "Open for Edit"?

Galen Boyer galenboyerdev at hotpop.com
Wed Mar 23 04:59:05 PST 2005

Jim Crossley <jim.crossley at cptii.com> writes:

> Galen Boyer <galenboyerdev at hotpop.com> writes:
>
>> Is there a way to do this so only one person can checkout a binary
>> at a time?
>
> Check out the +l filetype modifier (p4 help filetypes)

Thanks, that works.

I do find that a bit screwy and unintuitive how Perforce makes you
handle file types for all of perforce by forcing you to open some
particular file for edit (even though you are trying to do it for all
of perforce), change that checked out file's filetype and then, _don't
forget_, if you forget the following then it doesn't take, you must
also check it in.  I don't turn the water supply to my house off by
shutting down my kitchen sink.

--
Galen Boyer