[p4] Resolving changes to a delete file?

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Wed Mar 23 09:56:36 PST 2005

If your intent is to maintain the relationship between the old file name on
the one branch and the new file name on the new branch, you should change
your branch spec to map from the old file name to the new file name. If
you're running 2004.2 the closest common ancestor will be automatically
used. If you're using an earlier version, I recommend upgrading. If that's
not feasible look into the -i and -I flags to integrate for your version.
There were several changes over a couple of years, so the details can be
version-specific.

Steve