[p4] Running Perforce on VMWARE GSX or ESX

Smith, Jeremy R (CACI) JeremyRobert.Smith at med.va.gov
Thu Mar 24 13:20:50 PST 2005

In my mind, the big advantage of having server virtualization comes when
there is not an easy way to separate the configuration and management of
the OS from the product it's running.  Perforce is so flexible in terms
of what hardware and software it runs on that the overhead of
virtualization doesn't seem worth it.

If you're going to run ESX, I wouldn't expect support for not using a
VM...if you're going to run GSX I would simply run Perforce's services
on the base OS.

Jer

  _____