[p4] Client confusion

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Wed Oct 5 08:39:27 PDT 2005

Because there doesn't seem to be an easy way to share clients
between users, we keep running into various client-specific
problems.  One of the most annoying is when a user adds a new
line to their View and not telling anyone else. When the
other developers try to use their clients for the same projects,
the project doesn't compile any more. Or, even worse, it still
compiles, but now they are working off different code bases.

I'm sure this has come up before, but it would be nice if there
was some way to have system wide clients, where everyone shares
the same view, only it is relative to themselves. Or maybe some
way to have a templated client, that automagically picks up changes
from everyone else.

But in the meantime, is there any easy way to track client changes?
I'd even be satisfied if there were some kind of trigger or something
that would email me whenever someone changes their client.

--
Jonathan Arnold               (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
Jiggle The Handle, a personal blog    http://jiggle.anaze.us

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.
  - Don Marquis