[p4] Client confusion

Russell C. Jackson rusty at rcjacksonconsulting.com
Wed Oct 5 12:10:32 PDT 2005

If you are running 2004.2 or later, you can enable a spec depot on your
server. The spec depot automatically versions all Perforce specs. You could
then put a review on the client directory, or just a particular file in that
directory to monitor changes to the client(s).

To create the spec depot, run:

p4 depot <name_you_want_for_your_new_depot>

Then in the form that comes up, change the type to spec and save it. I call
my depot spec_archives, but it doesn't matter what you call it, as long as
you make it type spec.

There is more info. on spec depot in the 2005.1 system administrator's
guide.

Rusty