[p4] scripting with ticket-based authentication?

Russell C. Jackson rusty at rcjacksonconsulting.com
Thu Oct 6 11:16:10 PDT 2005

You can put this in your script, but it expose the password for the account.
You could make a wrapper script that calls your main script and keep the
wrapper script secure from other users view through the protections table.

echo password|p4 login

Note the lack of spaces around the pipe symbol. It will not work if you put
a space in there.

Thanks,
Rusty

RCJackson Consulting
Perforce Consulting Partner and Certified Trainer
Russell C. Jackson
211 River Oaks Lane
Russellville, AR 72802
rusty at rcjacksonconsulting.com