[p4] p4 *nix to p4 win

Zoltan Grose zgrose at mac.com
Thu Oct 6 14:32:02 PDT 2005

I was looking at a different tech note, now I'm looking the one
linked above.
(http://www.perforce.com/perforce/technotes/note010.html)

The two listed biggies are:
1-Reverse line-end conversion.
2-Rename files with names that differ only by case prior to moving
them to Windows.

Item 2 seems to be N/A as the OSX Finder would probably barf if I
tried to have /dev and /DEV in the same folder. Seems to be more of
an issue when working with the command-line tools. Something maybe to
note but doesn't seem worrisome in my case.

I have a followup question on item 1. As I understand it, Perforce
will just store what I send it. That is, whether I send in \r or \r\n
Perforce will just save it as is. As it stands right now, I've done
p4 add from Windows or OSX and have never given a second thought to
my line endings. My IDEs don't seem to care (or happen to be set the
same accidentally), does P4 care or is this a note for legacy
development platforms?

>     ps. Why change platform types?

I need a Windows machine for the ASP.NET development we are doing and
since that machine will already be in the DMZ, I figured I'd pull
Perforce off my personal machine to consolidate all of my servers on
one physical box.

-z