[p4] p4 *nix to p4 win

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 03:45:08 PDT 2005

Translate the line endings on all ,v files in the repository from \n to \r\n
if going to Windows, and vice versa as per the Tech Note 10.

Run the following command from the target $P4ROOT directory:

    find . -type f -name '*,v' -print0 | xargs -0 perl -p -i -e 's/\r\n/\n/'

The command syntax might be different depending on the specific platform and
shell that you are using. For example, on Solaris, the equivalent command
is:

    find . -type f -name '*,v' -exec perl -p -i -e 's/\r\n/\n/' "{}"\;

Make sure by testing your conversion on some files that the above is going
to work properly before you do it!! I have blythely used unix2dos that
seemed to be available and yet didn't change the file in place!

Robert