[p4] return to an older revision
Jeff A. Bowles
jab at pobox.com
Fri Oct 7 11:53:35 PDT 2005
1. Sync to revision #25 of that file.
2. Open it for edit. DO NOT UPDATE when it asks, since you want the
workspace version to be #25.
Now, the trick:
3. Try to sync to rev #26 - it's still open for edit, which is what
we want. It will complain.
4. Run "resolve" now. Keep in mind, the workspace contents are #25
("yours") and what you want to eventually check in as a new revision.
So, select "accept yours" (accept the workspace copy).
5. Run "diff" and "p4 diff" and make sure that your workspace copy is
what you want - fixed and finished.
6. Submit the change.
(Note that this rewrites a new head revision with "the right
contents", instead of just removing an erroneous check-in by deleting
On Oct 7, 2005, at 8:42 AM, wolips at datos.de wrote:
> can i do returning to the revision 25 at all in perforce?
More information about the perforce-user