[p4] Text Search functionality

John Jordan JEJordan at bcgi.net
Fri Oct 7 13:27:20 PDT 2005

Hello all,

            We are currently in the middle of a migration to Perforce from
VSS and I am beginning to get asked the same question over and over: "How do
I do a text search in Perforce?". After looking into it and not finding the
functionality in P4Win, I began searching the website knowledgebase and the
mailing list archives and to my surprise I could only find one reference to
that functionality in the mailing list archive and it was someone asking for
this functionality. I, not really caring for VSS, thought that was the one
useful feature it had.

            Does anyone out there have a custom tool or utility that can
perform a text search against the Perforce depot and is there any
possibility of seeing this functionality put into a future release??

Thanks,

John Jordan

Boston Communications Group

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments is
confidential, and is intended only for the use of the party to whom it
is addressed.  If you are not the above-named intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or disclosure of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify Boston Communications Group, Inc.
immediately by reply to this message or by telephoning (781) 904-5000,
and destroy this message and its attachments, without making any copy
or distribution.