[p4] scripting with ticket-based authentication?

Lee Marzke lee at marzke.net
Fri Oct 7 15:31:57 PDT 2005

The ticket is a physical file or "key" that is put into the home
directory of the
Perforce user ( ~/.p4tickets on *NIX ) so it is persistent until it's
encoded time expires.

Issuing a 'p4 logout'   erases the ticket.

Since p4 logins are only valid on the current host ( unless the -a
option is used ) and
only for the current user the ticket is as safe as security on that
login account.

Lee Marzke

Lee