[p4] Using p4jrep for a hot standby

Jamison, Shawn sjamison at ciena.com
Wed Oct 12 12:06:37 PDT 2005

That's the point of having atomic transactions.  They are all or nothing.
If Server A dies during a 50,000 file submit the metadata doesn't get written to the db.* files
Bring up Server B and submit again.

At least that's how I understand it.  Someone at Perforce might be able to shed more light on this situation.

-Shawn j>