[p4] Facilitating code reviews?

Jeff Grills jgrills at drivensnow.org
Wed Oct 12 13:58:36 PDT 2005

"p4 diff" can limit its output to a single changelist, which might be
appropriate.

I also have a set of utilities in my directory on public.perforce.com called
p4tar and p4untar which are capable of packing a changelist up into a single
file, which can be unpacked on another machine.  The original purpose of the
utility was to allow me to move work-in-progress from my work machine to my
home machine (to continue working in the evening after the kids have gone to
bed), but it turned out to be a very useful way to distribute changes for
review because reviewers can use their typical tools to diff the changes
themselves.  You probably want to use the "-i" argument when p4tar'ing the
files.  This utility will require several unix commands to be available in
your path (like tar, and possibly gzip), which you can get for Windows from
cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com).

My scripts can be found here:

http://public.perforce.com/guest/jeff_grills/p4tar/p4tar.pl
http://public.perforce.com/guest/jeff_grills/p4tar/p4untar.pl