[p4] Passwords and Visual Studio .Net

Jon-Eric Simmons jsimmons at shff.com
Wed Oct 12 14:15:50 PDT 2005

Excellent work around.

Here's a gotcha to watch out for though.

I have found that if you have any exe files (checked into Perforce) in the
same directory as your solution file, those exes are silently deleted by
this process. We'd have to manually restore those exes, via P4Win's Check
Consistency command, after using this work around.

I don't know if the Perforce plug-in or Visual Studio is to blame (I suspect
the latter), but we finally just made it a rule to never have an exe in the
same directory as a sln just to avoid this oddity.

-Jon-Eric