[p4] Passwords and Visual Studio .Net

Brough, Nicolas (Contractor) BroughN2 at bp.com
Wed Oct 12 14:26:49 PDT 2005

Mark, that's great.

We stumbled upon it in the end, purely by luck! The user had ignored me
telling them to "open solution from source control" when first opening
the project (which I always do because I rarely have any trouble if they
do).  Then not told me that he'd ignored me.  Once I'd established this,
we went back over it all from basics, and on the second try, another
user spotted that the .sou file was changing, so we moved it and tried
again.  This fixed it, exactly as you suggested!

However, the stuff you've posted on has just sorted out another user
(inherited machine this time, changing client specs and users is a bit
messy here).  This time it was the .ncb file and the overwrite flag
fixed it on the first pass!

So, thank you - both for confirming what we'd stumbled through, and for
helping fix a similar problem.