[p4] Facilitating code reviews?

Jay Glanville Jay.Glanville at naturalconvergence.com
Wed Oct 12 15:48:49 PDT 2005

If the changelist has been submitted, simply tell your reviewers the
change list number.  They can perform the diffs themselves.

If it's a pending change list, you have a few options:
1) you can use p4tar to tar up your changelist and forward that on to
your reviewers.  They would then p4untar them into a clean (no open for
edit file statuses) workspace.  The reviewers can then review the
resulting diffs themselves.

2) you can simply ask for a diff of the changelist.  The "describe"
command will produce a description of the changelist, along with the
file names and diffs of the files.  For example:
  p4 describe -du 5555
Will produce a diff (in unified diff format) of all the file changes in
changelist 5555.

Hope this helps.

JDG