[p4] Mirroring servers

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 03:43:46 PDT 2005

Hi Greg

One option might be
http://public.perforce.com/guest/robert_cowham/perforce/utils/p4replicate/p4
replicate.html

This helps replicate a tree from one server to another. You could use this
to replicate both ways, which would leave you with the local merging (which
you will have in any case).

An alternative would be a nightly script to create a remote depot, integrate
locally and delete the remote depot (to avoid performance overheads). Just
run one of these at each site and do the same local merging afterwards.

You can't get away from having 2 branches - with each site being the master
of one (same for ClearCase multi-site which a lot of people don't seem to
appreciate).

Robert

  _____