[p4] One set of Codebase for 2 versions of the app

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Tue Oct 18 04:43:08 PDT 2005

When you branch, you create a work area in the depot in a different
depot directory from the source. Typically, you will also create a
new workspace in a different directory location on your disk. You
don't manage both source bases from the same directory as the original.

Unfortunately, it's somewhat difficult to maintain parallel changes
in binary files. If you have a tool that does diffs and merges for
that particular file type, you can add it into P4Win as a handler for
those extensions.

Steve