[p4] depot symlink syncs to linux directory as the file it pointsat instead of a symlink

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Tue Oct 18 08:36:58 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Girard
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 10:24 AM

> I am seeing some of the symlinks in the depot loaded onto my hard drive
> in the workspace as the file the link points at instead of the actual
> symlinks.

Does the target file actually exist when the symlink is synced?
Maybe something (p4v?) is trying to do you a "favor" by giving
you the target file when it can't actually establish the link.
(You said they did appear as links when resynced later, right?)

If that's the problem, then changing the order in which things
are synced would solve it.

-Wm