[p4] Importing flat files into Perforce

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Wed Oct 19 06:19:40 PDT 2005

I assume you mean 2005.1 since 2005.2 has not yet been released.

What do you mean by "import information in flat files"? If you just
mean putting the file under revision control, use 'p4 add'. If you
mean importing metadata from flat files, you need to do some
scripting for that to happen. What are you really trying to accomplish?

BTW, if all you're looking for is 'p4 add' I recommend you go through
the user guide to see what Perforce can really do.

Steve