[p4] p4tar/p4untar in cygwin?

Jeff Grills jgrills at drivensnow.org
Wed Oct 26 20:46:49 PDT 2005

It was definitely that pipe.  I've submitted a new version with a "-nopipe"
command line option that works around the issue.  I should probably
eventually try to auto-detect cygwin perl and do this, but not tonight.

I also found that if you use the cygwin version of p4
(http://www.perforce.com/perforce/downloads/cygwinx86.html) it works just
fine, but that doesn't have very good interoperability with
p4v/p4win/standard p4 (for instance, it seems to have no registry support
and also expects p4 tickets in different place).

At least there is a solution for the night.