[p4] Using p4d as an electronic archive
Michael C. Wu
keichii at mail.cps.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 23 14:17:53 PST 2006
How would you suggest if one were to use p4d/p4v/p4web as an electronic
[Trying not to sound like I am demanding an answer, but I want to ask
the question clearly.]
Our office conditions are:
- Have hundreds of research papers in PDF and MSOffice docs to archive
and keep metadata for.
- all of the users are trusted to the extent that they will follow
rules, but cannot be expected to perform complicated tasks
I have the following requirements for our office:
- The metadata needs to be searchable.
- I need to link the documents themselves and the metadata (p4 log) onto
My questions are:
1. How would I search through a depot's logs and files for a string?
2. In the long run, I hope to pass this task on to another worker who
may not have a great understanding of web programming and p4. Is what I
am trying to do too complicated?
More information about the perforce-user