[p4] Duplicate user entries

Laurent Giroud lgiroud at edengames.com
Mon Jul 3 09:52:05 PDT 2006

Hi,

since a few days, we have a strange problem with perforce.
4 users out of our 80 license quota appear duplicated when using "p4 users"
to list all users.

Despite being under the 80 actual users number, this causes one of our users
to get a "quota license exceeded" error message.
And indeed, "p4 users | wc -l" returns 80 as a result.

As a first test to overcome the problem I have deleted one of those
duplicate users : the first duplicate is deleted without problem, however
after that, "p4 user -d username" yields a "user doesn't exist", even though
the name still appears when using "p4 users".

Recreating the deleted user allows him to work normally without problem.

I haven't been able to find anything about such a problem in the user &
administration documentation, nor on the perforce-users list and even on
google.
I have seen a few thing about duplicates after depots merging, but we have
only one depot and never merged it with another.

Would anyone have any clue ?

I'd gladly contact perforce support, but our license currently does not
include support so it's not an option for the moment :(

Thanks in advance if anyone has an idea.

Regards,
Laurent
Laurent Giroud, lgiroud at edengames.com